Our products are road pavement elements with integrated solar panels, producing electricity and strong enough to deal with heavy traffic.
SolaRoad’s products are based on a simple concept. Robust solar panels with a skid resistant, translucent coating are mounted on a concrete slab. The concrete provides support and loading capacity, the solar panel generates electricity from the sunlight, the coating protects the solar panel, and offers skid resistance for the traffic. The combination is a robust road surface, offering safety and comfort to bikes or vehicles, while harvesting electricity from the sun.
- Durable as a normal road
- Producing solar power at 75% efficiency compared to rooftop panels
- Prefab, easy to install on regular road foundation
- Easy to incorporate in existing electricity grids
- Similar total cost of ownership compared to regular roads in near future, higher investment covered by sale of electricity
Main element specifications
- Dimensions 3,0 m x 3,6 m x 0,21 m (length x width x thickness)
- Weight: 6000 kg
- Loading capacity: 160 kN axle load (16 tons)
- Electrical power: 1200 Wp
- Expected yield (Dutch climate conditions): 90 kWh/m2/yr